Are you ready? So many questions, But only 40 (ish) weeks to take it all in. Understanding the in/outs of Childbirth can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be. Parents-to-be are put at ease to know refresher Childbirth Education Classes and a Breastfeeding 101 class are both *Included* in the Birth Doula Fee, upon request. These classes encompass Evidence Based Birth practices and study and are held in the comfort of your home. Our course work goes along with the classes from: Mama Natural Childbirth Course. Parents may also find resources here: Local Resources
We discuss various subjects including:
- How does Birth happen?
- What is a Birth Plan/Birth Preferences?
- Cervical Dilation
- Natural Hormones and their Role in Birthing
- Interventions: Risk vs Benefit, When are they needed?
- C Sections: When are they needed?
- Comfort Measures: Making Mothers’ comfortable, at Peace and Empowered
- Avoiding “Pain”
- The Partners Role: Bradley Method
- What If’s: Birthing Fears and Addressing all Myths
- Birthing Options: Places to Birth, Midwives, OB’s etc.
- Postpartum: Healing, Postpartum Depression, Rest and Nutrition
- Breastfeeding 101: How do we make milk? Maximizing Supply, When to call for help, Establishing Production