Expert Lactation Support.
In the comfort of your Home.
I am here for you.
Breastfeeding can be overwhelming at times.
With support and evidence based guidance, Mothers will find breastfeeding to be a beautiful outlet for bonding with their new baby and offer vast physical, financial, nutritional and health benefits.
I would be delighted to help you!
Lactation is my passion; something I fell into once I had my oldest daughter in 2009. After experiencing nursing struggles firsthand, I have made it my mission to help new Moms and babies overcome breastfeeding hurdles. I am a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) from The Academy of Lactation Policy & Practice, Certified Newborn Care Specialist and a former WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor. I have been an accredited Leader for La Leche League since 2013. For 13 years I have had the privilege of helping hundreds of Mothers all over the US (Europe, The Caribbean & Russia, too!) nurse their babies with ease.
For Families in the Nocatee/Ponte Vedra Beach, Jacksonville, St Johns, St Augustine areas; I offer private in home consultations to assist in overcoming various Breastfeeding concerns. I come to you, on your schedule: because getting a new baby (and new Mama!) out of the house is hard enough! Together we will orchestrate a Plan that meets your individual lactation goals.
This Journey is yours. I support you!
In-Home Lactation Services:
- Offering guidance in following Evidence Based methods to establish and maintain breastmilk supply
- Addressing nipple pain, soreness and healing
- Nursing Multiples
- Guidance on latching baby and comfortable positioning
- Offering assistance and support in successfully breastfeeding multiple children, even twins and triplets and tandem feeding siblings
- Offering assistance in overcoming breastfeeding fears and myths
- Checking latch: helping to achieve a deep, pain free, efficient latch
- Experienced with premature exclusively Breastfed babies (NICU Experienced)
- Helping to re-lactate
- Information on Breastfeeding following a C Section Birth
- Identifying Tongue Ties, Lip Ties and oral restrictions
- Pump set up
- Experienced with addressing Over Supply
- Experienced in addressing Low Supply
- Support for Working Mothers; Pump Schedules/Freezer Stash
- Connection to Milk Donors and local Milk Banks
- Unbiased, evidence based information on safely supplementing (if needed)
- In Home Pump Demos, Supplemental Nursing System use, Nipple Shield use
- Local Breastfeeding Support Group Information
- Assisting Moms overcome and identify, thrush, mastitis, hind/formilk imbalances, allergies etc.
- Simple how-to-guide on Nursing in Public, per your comfort.
In Home Consultations: $150
Follow up visits: $75
Payments available via Venmo app.
Same day & weekend appointments available
. . . . . . .
After our Visit I will send Parents a write up with information and resources to aid in their individual breastfeeding goals.
Please call/text to schedule (925)-768-2100
Full Lactation Support is included in the Birth Doula package, at no additional fee.
Jessica Gillan, Owner
Birth & Postpartum Doula
Certified Lactation Counselor
Certified Midwife Assistant
HypnoBirthing Certified Doula
Newborn Care Specialist
La Leche League Leader: Nocatee
. . . . . . . .
Adult & Infant CPR/First Aid, AED Certified
Helpful Links for Nursing Mothers:
Establishing Milk Supply
Do I have Low Milk Supply?
Ways to increase milk supply
Help! My baby won’t nurse! Is this a Nursing Strike?
“Help!” Im not pumping enough!
How does Milk Supply work?
OUCH! My nipples are sore!
My baby is fussy at the breast, what can I do?
How to get a deep latch
Is this Medication safe for a Nursing Mom?
Is my baby tongue tied?
Build your baby’s immune system
Info on Gas & Colic
“Jessica is amazing! She was our Doula for baby #3 and Baby #4. She was so attentive both times! She really, truly listened to me when I needed it most. She was always came with tons of ideas for my various pregnancy and breastfeeding worries and just overall compassionate every time I would speak with her. Very knowledgeable! Of all 4 children, my best births and breastfeeding experiences were with Jessica as our Doula! Always professional, responsive and on the ball! I highly recommend Jessica’s doula and breastfeeding services. She is a true breastfeeding pro!”
–Nicole, Nocatee FL